Welcome back to the Nonfiction Monday blog. As we prepare to begin our 8th year of rounding up the best nonfiction books for children and teens, I’d like to try something new for 2014: a group blog.
Instead of asking one person to round up our posts each week, I’d like to invite all of the Nonfiction Monday bloggers to add their own posts…in the blog itself.
- You can add your post to the round-up as soon as it is ready. (You don’t have to wait for another blogger to post first.)
- You can copy and paste your entire post here on the round-up blog with links to bring readers back to your own blog.
- We will begin on December 2, 2013. This soft launch will allow us to test things out with just a few posts during the busy holiday season
Q. How can I add my post to the Nonfiction Monday Round-up group blog?
A. Use the contact form at the bottom of the page and ask to be invited to join this blog.
Q. What happens next?
A. I will invite you to be an Author on this free WordPress.com blog. (If you do not have a free WordPress.com account you will need to sign up for one.)
Q. How do I find the Nonfiction Monday Round-up blog on my WordPress account?
A. Click on the My Blogs section on your dashboard.
- Each week that you have a Nonfiction Monday post, you can add that post to the round-up blog.
- Sign in to your WordPress account.
- Copy and paste the post (or an excerpt) from your own blog into this group blog.
- Remember to include a book cover so your post can be shared on Pinterest.
- Create a User Profile so all of your posts on the blog will have a bio box at the bottom. (The bio is NOT mailed with the post. It will only be visible on the blog.)
- At the bottom of your post, add a link to bring readers back to your blog so the WordPress bot does not close us down for being a scraper blog.
- Upload a small photo to your profile so your face will appear in the sidebar as one of our bloggers.
- Use the 24 hour clock to schedule your post to be sent out on Nonfiction Monday.
- Check the times on the other posts for that day and allow 35 minutes to an hour between posting times so the WordPress bot does not close us down for being an automated blog.
- You can sign up to have all of the posts emailed to you. Enjoy!
Netiquette Note: Our focus is the content, not the sale. No “buy my book” posts please. If you are blogging about your own book, the ONE post rule also applies. “Buy my book” posts and/or multiple posts about the same book by a single blogger will result in the removal of both the blogger and their posts.
~ Anastasia Suen, Nonfiction Monday Founder