What is Nonfiction Monday?
Bloggers across the kidlitosphere celebrate Nonfiction Monday by writing about nonfiction books for kids on Monday.
Join Nonfiction Monday!
We invite you to join us!
- Write about a nonfiction book for kids next Monday on your own blog.
- Copy the Nonfiction Monday button to use in your blog post.
- Add your post to the weekly Nonfiction Monday Round-up on this group blog!
Q. How can I add my post to the Nonfiction Monday Round-up group blog?
A. Use the contact form at the bottom of the page and ask to be invited to join this blog.
Q. How do I find the Nonfiction Monday Round-up blog on my WordPress account?
A. Click on the My Blogs section on your dashboard.
- Each week that you have a Nonfiction Monday post, you can add that post to the round-up blog.
- Sign in to your WordPress account.
- Copy and paste the post (or an excerpt) from your own blog into this group blog.
- Remember to include a book cover so your post can be shared on Pinterest.
- Create a User Profile so all of your posts on the blog will have a bio box at the bottom. (The bio is NOT mailed with the post. It will only be visible on the blog.)
- At the bottom of your post, add a link to bring readers back to your blog so the WordPress bot does not close us down for being a scraper blog.
- Upload a small photo to your profile so your face will appear in the sidebar as one of our bloggers.
- Use the 24 hour clock to schedule your post to be sent out on Nonfiction Monday.
- Check the times on the other posts for that day and allow 35 minutes to an hour between posting times so the WordPress bot does not close us down for being an automated blog.
- You can sign up to have all of the posts emailed to you. Enjoy!
Netiquette Note: Our focus is the content, not the sale. No “buy my book” posts please. If you are blogging about your own book, the ONE post rule also applies. “Buy my book” posts and/or multiple posts about the same book by a single blogger will result in the removal of both the blogger and their posts.
~ Anastasia Suen, Nonfiction Monday Founder